Friday, August 20, 2010

Life in the world of Mamma Mia

Here I am. It's the end of my second week in rehearsals already. One more day until my day off. I feel like I just introduced myself to these people and the show, and we're half way finished in New York. Life is fabulous. Rehearsal is still EXHAUSTING and hard, but extremely rewarding.
I had my first official celebrity encounter yesterday. However, this was not your average passing on the street sighting of S.J.P. ( Sex And The City fans get that reference). Yes, I did see Candice Bergen and Jane Curtin pass through for a voice over audition. But that's not even the highlight.
We were rehearsing a song called "Does Your Mother Know". The lead's friend Tanya sings this as she's flirting with a young man. So, we're choreographing this song, and in walks Christine Baranski. For those of you who don't do names (myself included), she has been in tons of things... One of my favorites roles being Martha May Whovier in The Grinch Stole Christmas with Jim Carrey. She also played the role if Tanya in Mamma Mia the movie. Anyway, she apparently just wanted to "sit in and watch". She hung out for a few, then told us to break legs, that the show is the most fun we'll ever have, and God bless. Wow. We all kind if just sat in wonder. Then on her exit, we all gasped in amazement. You have to love New York.
Aside from having a famous encounter, New York is brilliant. Huge, shining lights, sparkly, great pizza (that I've only had two pieces of... Theatre doesn't like fatties), fabulous friends, and great sights. Love it.
Is it bad that I can't wait until my day off? I mean, this job is perfect and I'm the luckiest human ever. But DANG I'm tired.

Sent with love from my lovely iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment